Sunday, November 3, 2019

“How Not To Get Lost”, Outdoors USA: 1967©



 
An excerpt from “How Not To Get Lost”, in Outdoors USA: 1967, by Charles Elliott, page 87

The Outdoors USA: 1967 is a great book, but it is a hard book to find!  A number of years ago, I was in a used bookstore and I had a copy of it in my hands: of course, I didn’t have enough money on me to buy it!  And when I went back for it, it was gone; isn’t that the way it always goes.  Recently, I did a search online for it and found 28 copies for sale in various conditions.  They are out there; they are just scarce.

It is unfortunate that they are so scarce, because there are bunch of really good articles in it and it is full of survival tips and woods lore.  The good news is that I found an PDF copy of it and I thought I would show case an article from it called “How Not To Get Lost”.

“How Not To Get Lost” was written by Charles Elliott, who was the Southern Field Editor, for Outdoor Life magazine and he packed this article full of great outdoor tips, like this one…

 
An excerpt from “How Not To Get Lost”, in Outdoors USA: 1967, by Charles Elliott, page 87


And then there is this one…

 
An excerpt from “How Not To Get Lost”, in Outdoors USA: 1967, by Charles Elliott, page 88


And what about this one!... well you get the idea.  I hope that you enjoy reading the entire article as much as I did.










The article can also be read at https://archive.org/details/yoa1967/page/n3, pages 87 to 89.

I hope that you continue to enjoy The Woodsman’s Journal Online and my videos at BandanaMan Productions and don’t forget to follow me on both The Woodsman’s Journal Online and subscribe to BandanaMan Productions on YouTube, and if you have questions, as always, feel free to leave a comment on either site.  I announce new articles on Facebook at Eric Reynolds, on Instagram at bandanamanaproductions, and on VK at Eric Reynolds, so watch for me.


Sources

United States Department of Agriculture, Outdoors USA: 1967 Yearbook of Agriculture, [United States Government Printing Office, Washington, DC, 1967], p 87-89, https://archive.org/details/yoa1967/page/n3, accessed 11/02/2019


No comments:

Post a Comment