Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Tips, Hints, Hacks and Wrinkles



 
Reprinted from Forest and Stream: A Weekly Journal of the Rod and Gun, 1904


We all know what tips and hints are, but hacks and wrinkles, what’s that!  Is it a disease, can I catch it when I am in the woods?!

Well, no, and hopefully, yes.  Tips, hints, hacks and wrinkles are simply different words to describe the same thing: advice, helpful suggestions, a clue, expert information  or knowledge of a way of doing something that is infrequently written down and can only be learned by experience, hopefully someone else’s experience.



I hope that you keep reading my blog, because I am an avid collector of hints, tips, hacks and wrinkles, and on these pages I will share them with you.

References

Forest and Stream: A Weekly Journal of the Rod and Gun, Volume 62, No. 18, April 30, 1904, (Forest and Stream Publishing Co.: New York, NY [1904]), p 358, reprinted in https://books.google.com/books?id=ZUYhAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA358&dq=wrinkles+tips+camping+woods&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiMi62Up8DdAhUFY6wKHa5XD-QQ6AEILTAB#v=onepage&q=wrinkles%20tips%20camping%20woods&f=false, (accessed 9/16/18)

No comments:

Post a Comment